Boxers






Dressing Myself - Part 1

 - 
When I conceived this blog, I started thinking about how I wanted to make the first posts. I don't think modeling naked with a sewing machine was originally in the plan.

As I said in my intro I wanted there to be no mistake what I'd sewn, so I didn't want outside sourced clothes to make it into the pictures. The obvious question was "what about underwear?" The obvious answer was I had to make it.

From there I saw a vision of a photo series of me getting dressed in clothes I made. Start with nothing, followed by underwear, pants, and a shirt.

I've split it up, but here's part 1!

What It Is

 - 
I didn't sew them until a couple months ago. I have this grand vision of being able to draft everything I sew and definitely didn't want to spend $20 on a boxers pattern. So I actually made these based on the drafting pattern I use for leggings (post to come). I just gave it a lot more ease*. So that explains the lack of decorative crotch hole boxers usually have.

I wish I could say more about the fabric. I bought it with this project in mind about two years ago from a discount fabric store, no real inspiration. I'll try to pay more attention moving forward though!

* Ease is how much bigger the clothing is compared to the wearer's actual measurements. For boxers I gave maybe a 20% ease, for leggings it was more like a -10% ease so it'd be nice and snug.
Please respect the anonymity of those modeling.
Do not comment identifying information.

Comments