It All Starts With A Machine






Time To Start Sewing!

 -  You can't get dressed if you've got nothing to wear.

The Machine

 - 
I'd been talking about learning how to sew for a while, but never really got around to it when I was living at home. After moving away I had kind of just forgotten about it, when this guy* popped into my life.

It's a Bernina 930, and it's pretty freaking rad. It doesn't serge, but it can do pretty much everything else I need. And even though it's not pictured here, it's great having it be all mechanical switches and knobs for control. It just feels sturdier that way.

Hold Up

 -  I was stuck right here on this post for a couple weeks, just trying to figure out what to say next. Sitting around stressing about how to say it just right. So I got a suggestion from my main muse to keep it short so this project can be what it's supposed to be: something fun for me to do.

So I'll be adjusting to that and only saying what comes to me. If you have more questions about stuff, feel free to leave them in the comments!

Sticker Buddy

 - 
As you can see I have a sticker on there. So in reality, I have only the vaguest idea what it means or says. Google translate says it translates to something like "selfish body." But really I thought it was cute and funny and that his (debatably) unabashed nudity represented this project well! Hopefully I'll make socks one day so that I can truly recreate it some day.

* Shit, calling it "this guy" made me realize I never gave it a name. Maybe I should do that?

Please respect the anonymity of those modeling.
Do not comment identifying information.

Comments