Apron For Class
Apron
I started classes! Since I was going so slow through everything, I decided to start classes at the local community college to force myself into making things.This begins a series of 3 posts from my first class and first term in the school.
Design & Construction
All of the design factors were made to test some basic skill we learned in this class. (Did I mention the class was Apparel Construction I?).The edges are simple hem.
The straps are cut on the bias (cut at a 45 degree angle to the fabric), this makes them nice and flowy! This also required a bias seam to connect the neck strap to the back strap. Essentially it involves aligning the ends of the two pieces at a 90 degree angle, and sewing across the corner at a 45 degree angle. When you open it up they're a straight line, but the stitch is along the grain so it's stronger.
The chest pocket is a forked pocket. It makes 3 segments out of one stitch!
The lower pocket was a simple pocket. The edges were folded in, and then it was stitched around three sides, with cute little triangles on the corners.
Result
Hey! I got an A! I critique myself every little millimeter I'm off when stitching, so I'm always surprised when the results are better than expected.I got points off or going one stitch too far on one of the tines of the fork (the top right one), and a stitch that didn't pull tight, making a loop.




Comments
Post a Comment